Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Photo of My Handwriting - Blog Every Day in June #11

As you can tell - I'm pretty far behind in this Blog Every Day in June Challenge!  

Here's my handwriting - cursive and print.  



I'm not a fan of my printing, however, it seems if I don't print there won't be anyone able to read what I write.  You see cursive is on it's way to being a thing of the past.  

I find this terribly disturbing.  It's like being illiterate in a way.  For decades people have been writing in cursive - and now in a matter of a generation those writings could be undecipherable - lost to our children and children's children. 

Recipes handed down from great grandmothers
Cards, and notes of encouragement
Love letters 
Testimonies
Family History preserved in scrapbooks or photo albums or even just jotted down on the back of the photo
I could go on, but I won't. 

I do hope the powers that be that have decided cursive is not important anymore change their minds.  Or better yet, the common people, the parents of these next generations just teach their kids how to read and write cursive anyway.  

No comments: