Friday, March 15, 2013

To Missouri and Back

Crazy as this sounds - one of the first things I told my Dr. after they confirmed my diagnosis was that I was leaving town.  Yep - I had plans! 

My Daughter was having some problems with her foot and had an ultra sound done - and I wanted to be there for her Dr. appointment.  I mean - regardless of all this I am a MOM and I have a LIFE.  PLUS telling her in person was going to be way better (can this be way better?) than over the phone.

Fortunately, my Dr. was okay with it except for one minor detail.  


COMPRESSION STOCKINGS

Yeah - seriously she said I could go but I had to wear these pretty little stockings.  OK - if you know me at all my calves run "thigh" sized - this is an awkward family trait I might add.  ANYWAY so these babies were super sexy - NOT.  

Thankfully they hid under my jeans the whole way there and back!  

I did ask the Dr. WHY? I mean just a few weeks I drove there and back with no issues and this cancer was probably silently hiding then... her answer?  Blood clots - cancer changes your blood.  

REALLY?  I wished she hadn't told me.  

About two hours into my drive, the next morning, I felt a little congestion in my chest and come on YOU KNOW IT I was like - Is THAT a blood clot????  Seriously!  The ridiculous places my brain can take me if I leave it unchecked! 

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.



No comments: