Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gear Up

I never quite understood the power behind "gearing up" until now.

My children always had the right gear for whatever sport they were in.  Shin guards, spikes, spandex and the team uniform of course.  Basketball warm ups, & shoes.  Knee pads and headbands.  Catchers mitts, pom poms, helmets and mouth guards. The list is endless.

Me?  Not so much.  Whenever I embarked on a fitness journey I just grabbed some old clothes and headed out.  I mean, I'm gonna sweat in them right? 

Until David came into town and wanted to splurge a little on his Mom.....well actually he is an awesome gift giver but can't seem to figure me out yet.  Well I think he just may have. 

I've lost 30 pounds and kept it off for nearly a year now.  I've also hit a brick wall and need to lose more.

So we bought some GEAR

The power of this has been amazing.  I realized the decision to exercise starts for me the moment I put the gear on.  It doesn't matter if the phone rings, the weather is too hot, windy, or chilly.   The commitment has been made and my whole focus turns to what I am going to do. 

I like this feeling.


No comments: