Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wrapping up the week!

Last Friday night instead of working on my album like I've been doing almost every week thus far - I spent the night at Of Wood and River's Farewell Concert. This was their last concert - hence the "farewell" name because two of the members of the band are moving to Oklahoma - my son being one of them.

Yes I am melancholy about this - excited for him to head out on an adventure of his own, nervous about all the bad stuff the world has to offer, confident that God has all of this under control! They leave this weekend!

The next morning I woke bright and early to take my GAP Girls along with the Friend's Club to volunteer for the Children's Hunger Fund. We worked for 3 hours, with a mini break of Gator Aid and snickers bars and a short movie in the middle.



Our group bagged spaghetti noodles - we had pasta busters, baggers, and tapers all lined up. This was one of the best volunteer opportunities we've ever done - they worked the girls and made it fun. They've been shipping boxes to Haiti and they also distribute boxes through the local church.



About once a month we head to Sam's Club to pick up food for our Youth Snack Shack - we discovered the best kept secret - Sam's has the BEST pretzels - they are under a buck and usually make them up fresh, dip them in butter and salt if you want and well - yep they are yummy! Here we are enjoying them!

This next picture has not been changed in anyway - when I say it's grey around here I MEAN IT - sometimes it looks like we live in a Black and White movie during the winter!!!

Another Texas sighting! Ever since I made these awesome Texas friends I have these random Texas sightings here in Indiana - for instance how about these Grapefruit? Why do they have to be called Texas? I may just have to do an entire blog on this - I'm wondering - do YOU have Indiana Corn? What about Indiana SOY BEANS? LOL

Okay, that's about all I've got for my Project Life post this week - hopefully by next week I'll have both weeks layouts done in my book and not be falling behind!

Click here to follow others on their Project Life 2010 Journey!

7 comments:

Misty said...

Hi Charlene - Wow, that must be so hard having your son move away. Is he the oldest? Very cool volunteering with your daughter. We need more people like you. I have a friend who volunteered with the Red Cross and went to Haiti. It was very moving to hear his stories. AND... I LOVE the "grey" picture of your street. Being a California girl all my life, just seeing that view is breathtaking, but I know living in it everyday is a different story. Love your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine =)

Beth Olson said...

Hello Charlene! Thanks for posting your "grey" picture -- so good to know other parts of the country (beside Minnesota) are grey this time of the year!
Thanks for sharing your pictures!

K said...

Thanks for sharing your photos, I really like the gray one. You should really let that be your journaling for that day if you do put your pictures in an album because one can tell how sick and tired you are of the weather just reading it.

O'Ma said...

Hi Char...wow lots to comment on. 1.. You and John raise your children with common sense...David will do just fine. 2..Sorta' like us packing food for "Feed the Starving Children" program our churh had...very re-warding. 3...Your Sams looks like ours...no customers compared to our Costco. Will have to try the pretzel. 4...Love the B & W Pic of winter in the Region...Shades of gray-is there a song with that phrase?...I know where there is sunshine...tee hee. 5...We couldn't even give away our citrus...and grapefruit in our stores are $1....like follow us home...take what you want...please. Waiting for the March Blog...Luv U

Cindy said...

LOL, I used to see TX everywhere when we lived in MT, check the onions! just sayin... oh and for the Grapefruit, I can say they are grown right here in the valley I'll have to get some shots of an orchard in bloom, great stuff!! And to think I never liked the things till i moved here. they really are good. Try them sliced & pour honey on them, baked in the oven for 10 minutes on 350. Good stuff! :)

Michele Moore said...

Ok Char, you have to know Texas stuff is labeled because by default all things are bigger and better in Texas. :0) So when you see a Texas something you know, it is the biggest and best there is to be had.

You should come back again soon!

Michele

Michele Moore said...

Ok Char, you have to know Texas stuff is labeled because by default all things are bigger and better in Texas. :0) So when you see a Texas something you know, it is the biggest and best there is to be had.

You should come back again soon!

Michele