Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's inside your pantry?

This morning while I was sitting at my desk I heard a series of loud crashes, and thuds.

I knew exactly what it was.

The Pantry

It had been begging for attention since well before Christmas and I had ignored it.

Not so anymore.

I'm not winning any blogging awards here because I didn't think to take a picture of it when I opened the door - so you only get the AFTER shot. Here it is all happy with nothing ready to fall out.



Now, I discovered that our hot chocolate has been reproducing. I would say I drink on an average 2 cups of hot cocoa a year. It's not because I don't like hot cocoa, it's because after I joined weight watchers and did the points value on it, I gave it up. NO the diet Cocoa isn't the same - don't even try to tell me that. I did discover however that I did not give up BUYING hot cocoa and here's a sampling of what I found in my pantry.



The large container in the middle is really to blame for leaving the other cocoa mixes as outcasts. Two years ago we received this filled with homemade hot cocoa- and realized it was the BEST hot cocoa in the world. YES I said best, so good in fact one of my children would take it to their room. When it was empty that child promptly returned it and requested more - and they were honored and filled it again. As you can tell it's getting dangerously low again!

What did I decided to do with the rest of the hot cocoa? I threw it out.

Go ahead - GASP - I know there are millions of children around the world that have never had hot cocoa, and probably hundreds of thousands that would like a cup right now, even the diet kind. I did it anyway.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That's hilarious about the cocoa. It's true when my pantry is packed I can't find squat, and end up buying more junk. :)

Debbie said...

I have a pantry you can clean too.. Looks like you did a great job on yours.

deb

kimberdee said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I wish I could send you a picture of my pantry....guess what you will find a bunch of?? Not cocoa! Pickles, relish, olives, salad dressing stuff. I always forget if I have a bottle of ranch or relish in the cabinet so I buy another one while I am at the store.