Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wait for it.......

To coincide with my short list of goals it seems God places a character quality on my heart to develop more fully. The last few years it has been simply to love. In my quiet times with Him it always came up and I began to turn my heart to it, to see Love more fully, to pray that I would love more and many wonderful things happened over those years. Amazing things and indeed in loving more fully I have learned to judge less quickly, to be more positive and have mended many fences.

In the past few weeks I have had a leading from the Holy Spirit that this season was changing and through my Bible reading, prayer and quiet times before Him I've found patience to be creeping into my thoughts.

YES patience. The one thing everyone says they don't want prayer for. I already feel patient in many ways. I don't think one would say "she's not very patient" when it comes to describing me - I may find out differently though! LOL

I think it's more like Wait for it.......

I'm in Genesis again and I've noticed that God's people really spent a LONG time waiting for it. As many of you know my husband is the youth pastor for our church. This is something we both feel called to and we both love doing. He is studying and hoping to get his credentials and working a very FULL time job. We are in our mid forties SHOCKING I know. We are old enough to be other Youth Pastors parents......

So I have the nerve to wonder......wouldn't YOU? What are we doing? Well, really What is God doing? I know well enough I'm not gonna know until I need to.

I KNOW God knows what He's doing! I have NO DOUBT about that and I KNOW we are following HIS direction. After reading through Genesis and listening to Him I just keep hearing PATIENCE Wait for it..........
Whatever IT is I'm waiting for it!

4 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I truly believe that people in their mid 40's are more equipped to minister to youth than those in their 20's. It is exciting to know God is moving in your life!!
Now listen to this...I almost made a complete fool of myself today. I was at Wendy's and I KNOW you do not live around here, but I just KNEW it was you and your daughter there. She looked just like your daughter and the lady looked like she could have been you!!! Ok, so I completely stopped myself cause I knew it was a mistake, but yeesh, you and your daughter have a twin here!

kimberdee said...

Thank you for taking time to remind me as well as others that we sometimes have to be patient and wait for it......

John said...

Sometimes I think patience is a 4 letter word, thanks for reminding me that it is God's way of perfecting us and not HIS way of torturing us. We are on a journey and we just need to trust that he knows the WAY.

Debbie said...

I feel your pain with the snow whining. I do it alot myself. Cannot wait till spring..

love your blog and will try and come back. God bless,
deb