Thursday, January 29, 2009

Get Right On IT

I've been reading Exodus lately and I've read through it before, most of us are familiar with Moses - the burning bush, plagues, parting the red sea......one night I was reading and this scripture just jumped out at me.

"Along the way at a (resting) place, the Lord met Moses and sought to kill him (made him acutely and almost fatally ill)." Exodus 4:24

Whoa - want's THIS? I mean come on, this is AFTER the whole burning bush episode, AFTER he agrees to go and FREE the people. I mean he's already on his way! YIKES! Upon further investigation into this tiny but scary verse I find out Moses didn't take care of some business before he left. God felt it was necessary, at this stage of Moses' experience to know that he is earnest when He speaks.


That's some scary stuff.

When John came into the room I said - hey honey, if God has told you to do anything you better get right on it okay?

Me? I've been looking backwards a bit ever since.........

3 comments:

kimberdee said...

Uh oh!!! I may be in trouble....

Emily said...

I am totally honest when I say that I don't know why God doesn't smite me...

He's ever compassionate.

Charlene said...

Yes He is - we'd all be gone!