Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cast ALL your Cares, God has a PLAN



This morning I read a few different things for my devotion time. I thought I'd share them with you.

"I know the plans I have for you" Jeremiah 29:11. If you've stuck around church any length of time you've heard this. I read it today and I said to God - I just wish you'd tell me! And I smiled because I know He isn't gonna. At least not in the way I meant! You know that way your girlfriend will sit down and say "look honey you just can't keep saying yes to everyone, or you really shouldn't wear that outfit.

Then I switched to a book I'm reading a little bit each morning and there it was Cast ALL your cares. All of them. First Peter 5:7 says "Casting the whole of your care (all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all) on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully."

WOW? REALLY?

ALL of them - you know GOD there are ALOT of them! I mean there are Spouses, children, finances, workplaces, health, responsibilities, ministries, friends, extended families, the price of gas, milk and food!- just to name a few.

Where does one begin?

You want them ALL? Imagine the freedom that would bring if we just gathered them all up like we do for a garage sale and gave them to Him?

What a pile that would be!

And that is exactly what He wants us to do. It says so right there in First Peter.

Why? Because He cares for me and YOU affectionately and watchfully. I don't know about you but I like that. I need someone to care for me affectionately and watchfully. Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of people that do care for me but I like knowing that GOD cares for me. That GOD watches over me. It makes me sigh in relief. It's not all me, it's GOD.

Cast ALL your Cares because God has a plan for you and He cares for you affectionately and watchfully!

Did you notice that Once and for all part? That's the hard part isn't it? I mean we can pile all our stuff up and haul it out to the garage for the sale, but ever notice how you bring something back in, or it never really makes it in the bag - I mean we night need it one day right? OR maybe you just go out and by some more stuff now that you've got room.

Cast it out ONCE AND FOR ALL and then you can be really FREE! Imagine what that would mean. How giddy would you be - you just might skip around a bit, sing a song, really enjoy this day. Hey we might spread SMILES all around! People might not recognize us because we've CAST IT ALL and we are NOT taking it back!

I hope you spend sometime CASTING today and feel the burden lift as you do!

1 comment:

Bren said...

Great post. Very encouraging and something I needed to read! Thanks.