Monday, February 4, 2008

Another Grey Day

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine who was wondering "Do you still have snow?" She misses snow and thinks I can be a bit obnoxious because I'm not often humored by snow.



Snow has been glamorized. It's white and flaky, and forms into nice round snowmen. It's bright and blueish. I do agree it's peaceful and absorbs sounds and this I like. I wouldn't mind a nice stroll through some snow, or seeing it atop a mountain. When the sun shines on it - the crystals sparkle and look beautiful. Clinging to trees it's amazing, or alongside a brook or river. AND I do have the most amazing block where tree branches meet in the middle It DOES make for a beautiful scene.


However that's snow's glamorous side. These pictures are a small indication of what it's like around here. Keep in mind these are NOT photographed in black and white, I have NOT edited them to make them more GREY, they are what they are. They are from 3 in the AFTERNOON and I can't remember the last sunny day.





Snow can be slushy, slippery, black and heavy - especially when shoveling it! We've got more of it on the way!



Oddly enough these pictures do kinda make it look glamorous - I suppose this is what keeps those that don't have it wanting it.

9 comments:

Carol Beth Scott said...

Oh my goodness! Between the song and the pictures. You are a mess! You made me laugh out loud. "Sunny Day.....

The friend you mentioned, though, sounds like a lovely person and someone to be respected, almost in awe of.

Emily said...

See, you and I are in the same boat. I'm sooooo sick of snow. SICK of it.sick, sick, sick of it.

I took pictures today too, but they're not artsy like yours. :)

kimberdee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimberdee said...

I am one of those that long for snowy days....

Jessica said...

Bluck........ Another February day... Is it summer yet? Did the groundhog see its shadow or what?

Alicia said...

Oh, I can't wait to show you what Alaska is like! What kind of flowers did your hubby give you?

Teri said...

I'm right there with you girl. Grey=yuck!

Marilyn R said...

Snow that has been around too long is yuck! Add slushy snow and fog at the same time and it is double yuck!

Sarah said...

Aww! I feel so bad for you guys! We are having a great week out here! It's 75 degrees and very SUNNY!! I so do not miss the snow days! ; )