Saturday, February 2, 2008

40 Day Revolution - Fast

Our Youth Group is participating in a 40 Day Revolution program. One of the things they have to do is fast something for 40 days. Being that I am involved with this wonderful group of youth I am also fasting.

For years now my children have been telling me that I am addicted to pop. Yes, I live up North - it's POP up here! Even though over the years I have switched from regular pop to diet pop, it's still pop and they claim I am addicted to it. So I'm sure by now you can see where I'm going with this.

So I have been pop free for 13 days now - except a small amount!




What happened? We went out for lunch Friday to our "regular place" and one of our favorite servers just brings us the diet pop! I felt bad, drank about half of it and then requested a glass of water and told her about the fast.

I've discovered a few things about my pop addiction --

1. I crave pop when I eat pizza
2. I crave pop when I eat popcorn
3. I prefer pop when I eat spicy foods

That's it - not too bad!

13 Days done!!! 27 more to go!!

7 comments:

kimberdee said...

You brave woman!! We call it soda...all of it is soda. We too have a favorite restaurant that knows what we want. I love those places. Should I be worried that maybe I eat there too much? NAH!!

Jessica said...

You are much stronger than I! I don't know if I could EVER give up my pop due to my caffeine addiction! (I would probably get addicted to something at starbucks...) You go girl!

Marilyn R said...

Love the music - I remember the commercials well!

Alicia said...

I love your music! How did you do that??? I too am trying to quit pop/caffeine. Best of luck!

Melissa said...

Good for you! I don't struggle with pop unless I'm eating out. Funny, huh? I'm also considering participating in lent this year. My church doesn't observe it, but I think it would only serve to retrain my body into submission to Christ!

Melissa said...

Oh hey- thanks for the link in your sidebar! Cool!

David said...

another thing is i think in the beginning .. u were going through withdrawal ( u know a lil cranky when u wern't getting pop ) and i'd like to comment on jess giving up pop.. it won't ever happen.. lol