Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Treasure



My Friend Marilyn has passed this "Treasure" award on to me, even though I don't quilt! I think that is so sweet! She has been trying to get me to quilt for YEARS. I think I have come a long way, I actually own a sewing machine now, and I have sewn on it. AND the other day the seam wore out on my fav pair of jeans and I sewed it back together!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!

I actually wanted to sew when I was younger. My Grandmother made all my clothes and my doll clothes and I equated it to good homemaking. So naturally I would try it. Well, I had an awful time of it. (I was teaching myself)

Imagine this - I am at a sewing machine, I have tried to do an "easy" pattern. It has not turned out for the umpteenth time. I pull the project (shirt) out of the machine wad it up and throw it across the room with a loud gutteral sound and I walk out of the room, slamming the door.

I honestly don't think I opened that door for DAYS and that was the last of it until I met Marilyn and slowly, slowly she has helped me through the healing process. I still make gutteral noises when things don't turn out the way they are supposed to, but I rarely wad them up and throw them across the room.

I am passing this award onto Emily. She's a blog I've been visiting lately and her Creme Brulee Diet Post had me roaring last night. I hope you enjoy her Blog as much as I do!

5 comments:

Marilyn R said...

I'm so proud of you! You got your machine out and fixed your jeans! Yeah! Maybe there is a quilt in your future!

Bren said...

You have a quilter's heart and your blog is a treasure....by the way, the award was not created for quilter's at all...just wonderful blogs!

Emily said...

that is the nicest thing EVER. Thank you so much. Now I'm going to have to figure out who to give the award to. That's a hard one. There are a few blogst that don't have a lot of readers that I think are AWESOME. Like a hidden treasure.

You made my day. thank you!

randi---i have to say said...

Sewing can be tough until you make your first successful project. Keep trying! :)

Jessica said...

HMMMMMMMMMMMM... First, a Vera Bradley... Now a sewing machine??? Are you sure you are feeling okay sis???