Tuesday, January 29, 2008

15 Minutes!

I've been wondering what to blog about lately. I've really had a hard time. I've been gone, sick and behind in just about every area of my life including blogging since Thanksgiving. For some reason I never feel caught up.

One thing that helps me gain control over my hectic life is this Fly Lady Timer!



She is this fantastic little tool that helps me realize I'm not as far behind as I thought AND she gives me breaks! Being that I already confessed my neat freak tendencies you can imagine that my little timer really does help. When I am feeling the house is messy I just set the timer and you know what? In 15 minutes it's so much better - and usually 15 minutes is all it takes to pick up and put away the things that are getting under my skin. Shoes, papers, blankets, purses, dishes, recycling. She's amazing because she rings and then I get to be done.

You would be surprised how often I put her to work. She's especially helpful when I don't want to do something. I am always amazed because usually the tasks I have been dreading are finished in the 15 minute time - did you know I can mop the kitchen floor in 15? Unload the dishwasher? Change the sheets on the bed?

Can you tell I really like her? Maybe I should name her!

4 comments:

Teri said...

I need one of those!

Have a great day!
Teri

John said...

That little timer has changed the mood in our home on more than one occasion. It is amazing, when you know yo only need to do something for 15 minutes, it really does not seem like that big of a task. I know my wife likes the timer, but I think everyone in our house has claimed that 15 minute beauty at one time or another.

Jessica said...

Hmmmmmmmmm..... I think you should also play the happy working song as well!

Marilyn R said...

Yes, I think you should name her! Since you seem to like the Happy Working Song what about the name of the character that is singing the song? I have no clue what that name is, but I know you do!