Monday, December 10, 2007

Whatcha Doing Char?

I thought I'd share a little bit about my day. A busy day, but oddly normal too.

Wake up for me starts sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. I don't know if you are like this or not, but it seems I wake up with my brain going FULL THROTTLE. I have all types of thoughts - things I need to do, people to call, chores, appointments. It's like my mind is my secretary and she starts work about a half hour before me, so when I do check in I know what's going on and have it prioritized.

By 8:30 I've usually showered, kissed my dh goodbye, dressed, done devotions, fed the dog, recleaned up the kitchen (midnight snacks by my late night eaters) and sometimes depending on the day done some laundry. Today I've done all the above except feed the dog my fabulous dh took care of that for me AND started some laundry.

By 9 o'clock today we were hitting the road. Picking up fruit for the Fruit Baskets we were going to assembly. 10 a.m. and the assembly line was ready to go, we have some excellent help including my ds and dd. We assembled the baskets, wrapped them up, included the cards, cleaned up and were off to lunch by 11.

The clock strikes 12:30 and we are heading home, to begin school. Yes, it is still a school day. Some math, spelling, keyboarding and spanish a little decorating of the tree and cleaning the family room and it's time for cheerleading, while I head to the grocery store with ds #2. Oh I forgot that my dh came home for lunch today - he's NEVER done that before - it was a pleasant surprise.

Once the groceries are in, I type up a quick parent letter for Friends Class, straighten up a bit and head out to pick up my fav. cheerleader.

Time to make dinner, clean up and head out to Friends Class where we make ornaments, cards and have snacks. We also plan next weeks class and head for home.



My favorite place to be on a Monday night!!! No matter how busy my day is, I love hanging with this great group of girls!

3 comments:

Emily said...

sounds like a productive day.

but no, to answer your question...I don't wake up ready to go. :)

I wake up s-l-o-w-ly. And carefully. haha

Marilyn R said...

I sure don't wake up ready to go either - I am more of a slow rise person. Even if I wake up thinking what I have to do that day, it still takes me a little while to really get moving.

Bren said...

Whew!!! What a day. I am a big time morning person too. When I wake up, I am awake. Stuff happens right away! Evenings are my down time. Since I have been sick everything has been behind...even my blog reading, but I am catching up!