Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I am BERT!

You Are Bert

Extremely serious and a little eccentric, people find you lovable - even if you don't love them!

You are usually feeling: Logical - you rarely let your emotions rule you

You are famous for: Being smart, a total neat freak, and maybe just a little evil

How you live your life: With passion, even if your odd passions (like bottle caps and pigeons) are baffling to others


My friend Marilyn took this personality quiz and she thought I should take it. I took it twice and BOTH times came up Bert. As much as I'd like to be someone else - I'm not. I am just the way the Maker made me. Who am I to argue with the Potter?

I am a serious person. I tried to listen to the Left Behind series on tape that my husband and kids love so much but it made me sad and angry at the same time. Why? Because the people most likely to be Left Behind in my life are people I really love and care about and often times I feel powerless to change that - because - well I am.

I am more often logical than anything else. Left brained I've been told, and many will tell me "you sound like my husband". So, are they saying I think like a guy?? I don't like it at all when my emotions get the best of me. I have thought to myself on more than one occasion when my emotions were over ruling my mouth - "Now, what's the Truth in this situation, stick with the truth not how you feel."

I don't think I am famous for being smart - though recently a friend did say "I was the smartest person she knew", but I really don't think she meant it that way, I just helped her out of a jam.

I am a total neat freak - I would be out of control if I wasn't surrounded by NON neat freaks. They would be totally out of control without me. It works well.

I do strive to live my life with passion. It takes a passionate person to overcome being a foster child, home school her kids, to live for Christ and to embrace her husbands call to Youth Pastor at my age! And YES many of you think these are ODD passions.

So, who am I to argue with the Maker, or the Sesame Street Personality Quiz.

3 comments:

Bren said...

I am a Bert too!!! I like Bert.

Emily said...

I was cookie monster...not sure what they meant by that....:)

Warren said...

According to my profile I'm (gasp) ELMO?? They claim I'm talkative and like telling stories. Doesn't mesh with my "MAN OF 1,000 WORDS"
reputation. Guess I should retake it...