Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches


Tuesday night I tried a new recipe and my Sis requested that I post it on the blog if it was good. It was good and it satisfied half my families need for spicy food and the other half for not so spicy food.

Here's the recipe.

Hot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
sweet paprika being Hungarian - that's the only kind I use
chili powder

Season the chicken breasts to your likening. I didn't measure anything, just shook it all on. Both sides.

Heat a large skillet, put the seasoned chicken breasts in the pan drizzle with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side.

Meanwhile I melted about 2 Tablespoons of butter and mixed in some Tabasco sauce. Once the chicken was cooked I coated the chicken in the hot sauce mixture. For my dh and dd I did not coat the chicken - ds#2 and I like things HOT so I coated that. I had alot of butter left over - I coated the chicken, didn't drown it. Next time I would cut back on the amount of butter I used.

I served the chicken sandwiches on rolls with lettuce. We also had Twice baked potatoes and a lettuce salad with it.

Yes Sis it was yummy and I would do it again. Before you think I'm a genius cook I got this recipe from a Rachal Ray cookbook. I like her concept of 30 MINUTE meals. They are simple and kinda fun. I definately appreciate her way of measuring because I think the measuring is the most tedious part of the cooking.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks!!! I think I now have an idea for dinner tonight....
And yes, Rachael Ray rocks, doesnt she?