Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Hobby

I am not exactly a hobby person. I really only have one hobby and that is actually photography. I’ve been taking photos for as long as I can remember. The scrap booking industry and I met in 1996 at an arts and crafts fair. Back then I money was extremely tight. I had saved money throughout the entire summer to go. I went with a good friend and every year we would canvas the entire fair, mark the numbers of the booths that had things we wanted or the best floral arrangement, or wooded whatnots and then stop for lunch. Afterwards we'd hit the booths and make our final purchases. This early fall day, we turned up aisle number one and there it was- a Creative Memories booth. There were all of these scrap books, and papers, and things. I stopped and she talked and I looked at everything. Meanwhile my friend canvassed all the other booths in the aisle.

From that moment on, I remember nothing else about the fair. We went up and down every aisle and I dutifully recorded what she liked in each aisle – which booth had the best of the best. Lunch came and we sat down. She knew exactly what I knew. I was going to blow everything I'd brought on one thing. A beginning scrap booking kit from this lady.

I was like a kid in a candy shop. She actually lived about 20 minutes from my house and promised me workshop time so I could learn how to do it. And so it began. Die Cuts, adhesive, page protectors all new lingo for me. Eventually she stopped selling and I found another consultant. I began buying from her and eventually signed on to sell myself. In October I will have been a consultant for 5 years.

I have completed many albums and have many unfinished. I love paper, and stickers and mostly journaling. The last album I completed was my daughters Disney Autograph book. Here are a few photos I’d like to share.


Keep in mind this is an autograph book, so there is not any journaling. Yes, I did prop this book up against the wall, and yes there is a map on the wall. This is a home schooling family you know!


Naturally I used all Creative Memory products because a. I believe they are the best quality available and b. They all coordinate so I didn't have to worry about the wrong shades.


The characters can be alot of fun. They really enjoyed playing around and really liked signing the book too!

You can learn more about Creative Memories by following the link on the side panel under -- Do you love to scrapbook?

2 comments:

Marilyn R said...

Char is to blame for my scrapbooking hobby. When I first saw her scrapbook I thought, hmmmmm maybe I should do that too. My first feelings were that because my husband and I didn't have children was it really worth doing. What would I scrapbook? Her answer was an instant YES you have lots of things to document! I have since scrapbooked our trips, home improvements and family events. I have to admit though that I quilt more then I scrapbook. I am way behind in my scrapbooking! Char has been an inspiring influence for me not just in scrapbooking but in many other areas of my life. Thank you Char! Oh yeah, my husband and I are going to Disney World soon to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! Can't wait!!!

Charlene said...

Aw, Marilyn, you say such nice things about me! I should mention it is because of Marilyn my daughter learned how to sew, and I can even sew with straight lines...anyone need a pillow case? I love your scrapbooks!