Thursday, August 30, 2007

Free to Fly About



Last winter I was going through the Ding flights, now almost a daily part of my computer routine when I stumbled on a $25 Chicago to DC Flight. I thought, WOW, for less than the cost of tickets to a theatre production in Chicago I can fly to DC and back.

This was a dangerous thought for me. I have been a stay at home Mom for 20 years. Twenty years. That's a long time to be at it, don't you think? I still have a few more to go before I can be "free to fly about".

Just what will I do with all that time. I envision conversations with my hubby going something like this.

"Hi Hubby, whatcha doing? Got any plans for the weekend? No? How would you like to fly to DC, or Denver or TEXAS for that matter"? (Get Ready all my new Texas friends!)

"Of course he will say..not this weekend dear I have to work." Hey a girl can dream can't she!

I wonder, is it possible to fly somewhere, sightsee a bit and then head home in one day? 50 bucks is 50 bucks I can drop 50 bucks in one aisle of the grocery store, or taking one kid for shoes. 10 minutes later - 50 bucks gone, vanished! Never to be seen again! How about 50 bucks in the gas tank..I have a monster gas tank..it will hold 90 or more bucks, cha ching! I've spent 50 bucks at the movie theatre with my gang, movie, popcorn, drinks. I've never been good about breaking the rules - no smuggling for me. (thank you for the Five Buck Club!) How about 50 bucks on socks.....whatcha got to show for THAT one? I know, you are feeling my pain.

I may be on to something.

"Kids, Mom's running some errands, be back tonight."
"Where ya going Mom?"
"Mrytle Beach"
"Yeah right, Mom, bring home some Pop Tarts will ya"

It's a good thing the airport isn't in walking distance!

2 comments:

Marilyn R said...

If dear hubby is working over the weekend and you feel the need to travel...give your friend a call!

Charlene said...

I'll be calling you. If you guys ever move hopefully it'll be somewhere I can get a cheap Ding flight to!