Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Darling on the Table



Today I thought I'd talk a little bit more about album making. I am in the process of working on my ds#2's life albums...he just turned 18 in real life, but in my books he's only 7. Yes, as you can tell I am behind -- way behind. I thought maybe if I told you my goal of completing his albums by April of 2008 that might get me motivated!

My friend Marilyn shared with me that some quilters will list projects on their blog and that encourages them to finish. So I thought I'd try it with this album project. I am officially naming my project "The Darling on the Table". I have taken the album, opened it to the last page I completed and have set it on the table in our schoolroom. This is it's new home until I have completed it! The reason I want the project completed by April is because graduation is in May. I managed to finish my ds#1's albums before he graduated, in less time, so I think if I put my mind to it, I can accomplish this project also.



I really enjoy album making and remembering all the things we did when they were little. I am so glad that I photographed as many moments as I did! I don't think it's possible to take too many photos! When I look through my albums and especially now at these pages, it transports me right back to the moment I took the photo. I am able to feel the breeze on my face, or the sun on my arms. The shiver of the wintry cold or the spray of Lake Michigan.



One of the best "new" products Creative Memories has to offer (IMHO) is the Power Palettes and Quick Kits. I love that they coordinate everything for me. I really only need to add the photos, pick a few page enhancements and concentrate on telling the story behind the story. These pages were all done with the EveryDay Power Palettes. Of course you can check them out with the link in the right hand column.



The first day of school, a missing tooth, playing hockey both on and off the ice. So many memories and each one precious!

As you can see I have a long way to go in completing this project, but I truly enjoy reliving each and every moment. The story these photos tell make me smile,laugh and yes even a wee bit sad. My children are all growing up and it seems to have gone so fast.

No comments: