Thursday, August 23, 2007

After the Rain



We have had an incredible amount of rain this month. Why is it that in the winter when the skies are cloudy for days and the sky matches the color of asphalt I grow weary of it so quickly. Yet any other time of the year I don't mind cloudy rainy days? Maybe it's because it's warmer and the sun does peak out between the rain clouds. I'm really not sure.



We are fortunate not to live by any rivers or to be in need of sand bagging, but have not gone without our share of rain catastrophe's mostly caused by sump pump failure or lack of electricity to run the sump pump. We have known others to go through devastating loses caused by too much rain, too fast.



Hope you enjoyed seeing what I saw today after the rain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After this week I think I'm ready for winter snow!! Well I hope you,Jess and the neighbors aren't manning the pumps as it were. Keep dry out there!!